NATIONAL AMERICAN ARAB NURSES ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NURSING STUDY
NAANA’s annual scholarships in the amount of $500 to $1000 are awarded to the most meritorious applicants who are studying nursing at the Associate Degree, Bachelor degree, RN-BSN, BSN-MSN (Master’s in Nursing), or Doctorate (DNP or PhD) level.
Deadline for submission: August 31, 2022
Major selection criteria:
- Applicants must provide proof of acceptance or enrollment in an accredited nursing program at the time of application, must be of Arab heritage, citizens or permanent residents of the United States, and must reside within the US or its territories.
- Academic excellence, exemplified by achievement of a grade point average [GPA] of 3.0 [on a 4-point scale] or its equivalent.
- Demonstrated leadership (academic, professional, and/or through student organizations).
- Evidence of engagement in and contribution to the health care of the Arab American community.
Material required for evaluation:
- A completed Scholarship Application.
- Transcripts of all colleges/universities attended. The transcripts may be unofficial or student copies.
- A current curriculum vita or resume (optional).
- A one- to two-page essay (12-point font, single-spaced) by the applicant as to why s/he deserves the award, highlighting:
- Personal background and career.
- Any professional and/or community organizations or activities that the student is engaged in or plans to engage in that contribute to the health care of the Arab American community and that demonstrate his or her commitment to advancing the health of this community.
- Any honors, awards, and scholarships.
- Any leadership activities the student is involved with.
Click one of the options below to access the 2022 Scholarship Application:
Scholarship Application (Online Version)
2022 Scholarship Application (Printable Version)
Deadline for submission: September 30, 2021